Tuesday 19 July 2011

Weather, Weddings & Waiting

On Saturday I attended a lovely little wedding in Canterbury. Bizarrely I do not know either the bride or groom but there was a spare invite & well any excuse to dress up is alright with me! I bought this 70's maxi in a charity shop last week for £8. I've been looking for a maxi for ages but haven't found one I liked. This is soo pretty - it's made of navy cotton wit a floral print in pale blue, tan & brown. Fits like a dream, although I had to chop a good few inches off the hem....


Worn with a vintage pendant found in another charity shop for £1.50. The shoes are my Miss L Fire Platforms, I had been planning to wear some rather delicious new tan suede heels I got from New Look the other day, but alas it absolutely poured down and I rather sensibly decided against them - no doubt they'll get an outing very soon! 


I felt terrible for the bride as the weather was soo grotty - but she looked absolutely adorable in a cream chiffon mini shift, which I think was a particularly lucky choice. Imagine if it had been long - the poor gal would have had a soggy hem just like me!



Unfortunately we couldn't attend the evening do as I had to work, since leaving my last job I have done a few bits here and there and most recently have been working at a bar. I pull a smashing pint ; ). But Sat was my last night there as this week I start work at a well known supermarket, a job which I applied for 4 months ago. I just received the uniform today, and oh my goodness tis not nice. They have sent me size large. Does. Not. Fit. The upside is that I get a name badge (haha). Oh well means more money to spend on lovely vintage...

11 comments:

Unknown said...

You look GORGEOUS!! Love the maxi, and the pendant, and the shoes!!!

Congrats on the new job as well, hope it all goes well and I'm sure you can make the uniform work for you.

What a perfect bride. So unusual for someone to wear a mini, therefore so very, very cool.

xx

Unknown said...

Ooh - that frock is PERFECT on you - you look absolutely GORGEOUS! I love the pendant too. Yay for charity shops!

Sarah xxx

Vix said...

You look absolutely fabulous, the print on that dress is utterly divine.
What a stunning wedding dress, too. Such a nice change from full length.
Lots of best wishes for the new job. Hope they sort a properly sized uniform out for you very soon. x

Perdita Tinsel said...

That maxi is ace. I really do think maxis are the perfect dress for any celebration!

The bride's dress is lovely and summery. And no muddy hem!! Clever lady.

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

Sounds like the new uniform requires a fab 60s belt to cinch it in ;) Lovely dress, and I adore the brides chiffon mini xx

Sandra said...

No, I don't write a vintage blog, but I like trolling them. I stumbled upon yours, and had to leave a comment as opposed to being that creepy lurker in the backround.
First of all, that bride looks to like she's about 14! Second of all, I do love your maxie dress, it's my newest love affair, the maixe. And third, you are just so pretty, I love your hairstyle, wish I could pull something off that chic!

Emily Daley said...

looking lovely as ever! i take it the new suede shoes stayed at home sheltered from the rain!! e xxxxx

Samantha Savage Breit said...

You look amazing!!! I love the dress and the necklace is amazing! Great finds! Who wouldn't love to have you at their wedding!? ;) Congrats on the new job. I know you are going to do something amazing with that uniform! xo Samantha

Unknown said...

love the print on the dress! :)hope you can check out my blog for some +vibes and inspiration! i am also hosting a great ec0 friendly giveaway :)XO

Sharon S said...

Hi my dear!! You look so lovely in the maxi, it really was an amazing and gorgeous find!! Good luck on the new job too, uniforms are naff, I've worn one for years and it still gets on my nerves, lol!! xxx

Tarkus said...

Super Look!
Greetings from Amsterdam.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails