Saturday 23 July 2011

Songs for Saturday pt18


Otis Redding - Satisfaction
(Otis Blue, 1965)

I was lucky enough to score a nice mono copy of this LP at a bootfair last week for just £1 and of course it's been on my little Pye International turntable ever since! This video is from the Stax Europe tour of 1966 and has got to be in my top 5 concerts I would have loved to have been at. Otis followed an amazing & classically energetic set by Sam & Dave and sent the crowd into a frenzy! If you ever get a chance to watch the whole film, please do - you won't regret it!

5 comments:

SWEET JANE said...

Fab..love this performance,have it on vhs from way back,must get around to getting a new dvd copy of it one of these days,yeah Sam and Dave are amazing on it too ; ) x

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

Love the Otis version xx

Psychedelicsister said...

He was the best!

Vix said...

I haven't heard this before and I love it! x

Tarkus said...

Sensational!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails