Thursday 2 June 2011

Best of Etsy - What a hoot!

So as you can see the theme for this week is owls. I love their kitschyness and I think they are rather cute. One of my favourite pieces of costume jewellery is a giant articulated owl pendant form the 70's I got some years ago, unfortunately a few years ago copies of this style were all over the high street (and still are) so I feel like I can't wear mine. I'd hate to think anyone thought I'd got it from Topshop (such a snob aren't I!) Do you have any vintage pieces that have made their way into modern fashions?































8 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooh that big eyed owl vase rocks my world!

Sarah xxx

Jessica / Lola Vintage said...

those cards are too cool! And that little sweater -- just added to my faves, I think I might need it. Great picks!

Sharon S said...

Hi there! What lovely picks, the brooches are adorable!!

Vix said...

They are gorgeous! I know what you mean about that owl pendant, I ended up flogging my original as I was fed up with people asking if he was from TopShop. xxx

Young at Heart said...

Gorgeous....what treasures!!

Psychedelicsister said...

I want that tin. The cards are awesome too.

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

They're great. I love those huge ceramic owls you can get but I wouldn't know where to put them xx

Prad Savania said...

Wow, very cool OWL pieces...some very cool vintage stuff on your blogspot

Come see my heel design blogspot? All my designs are hand-drawn also...take care

Louboutininthemaking.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails