Tuesday 2 March 2010

Fantasy Bidding

Kerry Taylor Auctions is having another sale on March 16th. This sale has a selection of "celebrity" items donated with all proceeds going to benefit Age Concern & Help The Aged, both very deserved charities in my book, but I'm not really bothered about Kate's hand me downs, it's the rest of the sale which really interests me. This sale as always has a stunning selection from antique through to modern garments. Not too much 60's & 70's boutique era this time, although there is a ton of Bill Gibb items. The real stars are the lots from the 20's - 40's. Check out my favourite picks below and click each title to check the original listing.


Pretty, pretty, pretty. Want.


You can't go wrong with a bit of Zandra, this purple is so striking.


Love this jacket, fun early 70s pop art clothing.


I always have a bit of a soft spot for 60s Givenchy, it is soo chic and wearable, the mustard dress is my fave.


I just want to dive into this rack of crepe-y loveliness.


Rare as hen's teeth, Foale & Tuffin stuff hardly ever comes up for sale, and due to the recent show and book, I bet this will fetch a good price. Love the print.


How cute are these, estimated at £60-80, and at a fraction of the price of a bit of Gibb clothing.


Well I love a bit of vintage menswear, and good labelled items are very hard to come by, this mid 60s Dandie Fashions jacket is such a perfect example of Swinging London and super, super rare.


The gingham dress really shows where Ossie got his inspiration from, and it is so wearable today.


Love the colour of this, and of course the stunningly sexy cut. A classic.

3 comments:

Jessica / Lola Vintage said...

Oh, the 1930's lace dress in the first picture makes me feel faint! So gorgeous...

Unknown said...

The 30s gear and the fancy dress harlequin costumes are completely lustworthy. They outshine the British Boutique stuff, for me, this time around.

Style At Every Age said...

I've heard that Kerry Taylor Auctions often have Chanel handbags up for grabs. Let me know if they do!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails