Wednesday 30 December 2009

There's always time for a bit of Bowie...




Do I really need an excuse to post some of my favourite pictures of Mr Jones, and a video one of my favourite songs? Anyhoo, below is a performance of Oh! You Pretty Things from The Old Grey Whistle Test 1972. I think this has to be my favourite look of his, pre red hair and with eyebrows, divine. I love how Mick Ronson looks here too, although he always looked a little uncomfortable in heels.......
Also, did you know Peter Noone of Hermans Hermits released a version of this song in 1971, it's pretty good and it does have Bowie playing piano on it of course.



6 comments:

Unknown said...

bowiesquee! ronsonsquee! glamrocksquee! thank you :)

Liberty London Girl said...

There is always time for Bowie! Happy New Year! LLGxx

Sharon S said...

Totally fab pictures, thanks for sharing! Wishing you a Happy New Year too my dear!!

Rianna said...

Its all about 'star man' for me, he's just totally awesome!
Rianna Bethany xxxxxx

Betsy said...

That is a really good deal!Best!!!Lovely...
http://betsy-haier.blogspot.com/-FASHION BLOG!!!

Colleen said...

Oh you pretty things = amazing song. I love David Bowie! I certainly hope that you've seen Bowie's in Space on Flight of the Conchords. If not, I really recommend it. Only us true Bowie fans really find it humorous.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails