Wednesday 21 October 2009

The Hoods Hit Town!

I have been looking through an old stack of Rave magazines and dug out the October 1967 issue, I used to be soo obsessed with the 60s, a total Quant girl with five point cut and all the lashes, my fashion tastes have changed a bit in the last few years, but I still love the late 60's, fashion was so much fun, and this magazine catered for teen girls with pics of all the cutest pop stars each month and tons of fashion and beauty advice. Anyhoo, I have scanned a few bits in from this issue to show what gals were reading 42 years ago!
The first is this shoot on coats. I love the title, The Hoods Hit Town! I think the little floral coat dress with the scalloped hem is my favourite. Coat dresses never really seemed to take off, I just don't think they are very practical! Now I just need to start looking for winter coat myself, I just have one need, it's gotta have a bit of fur (faux or vintage). Who else is after a new winter coat, and what are you getting?!?


1 comment:

Sharon S said...

Hi there-fab pictures my dear, I really like the hooded cape! As you know I got the leather faux fur collar jacket at the boot sale, but my mum treated me to a new coat from Next on Saturday too, so I'm quite taken care of now for winter!Good luck for finding one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails